Typical Steam Boiler Risk Assessment Problems
Our Steam Boiler Risk Assessments often identify multiple problems and areas of high risk, even on well managed sites.
Frequent issues include
- Manning levels vs control integrity and response times
- Poor record keeping
- Lack of training
- Poor maintenance records
- Lack of plant manuals and drawings
- Ventilation issues
- Lack of suitable operational procedures
- Incorrect plant operation / improper procedures
- Water quality issues
- Lack of site knowledge on steam plant
- Lack of operator absence cover
- Lack of clear delineation or understanding of responsibilities
Did you know?
Around 95% of major boiler failures are caused by water quality issues.